With the inception of computer software, people spend a large amount of their time working behind their desks now like never before. This sedentary lifestyle has led to a myriad of problems including weight gain. Apart from this, other health complications can develop as a result of using an uncomfortable office chair. It is therefore imperative to look for a good chair as this is where most of your working time will be spent. One could shop around for office chair NZ offers to sample variety.
Using an inappropriate office chair has been known to cause numerous complications like bad posture, neck pain, stiff back, backache, tired and painful joints and many more. To avoid these problems, one must carefully select their office chair. Purchasing one is like buying a car, which means it also has to be tested. When considering purchasing an office chair, take a look at current office chair NZ offers.
A novice may not find it easy to choose an ideal office chair owing to lack of experience. Here are guidelines to help someone when shopping around for an ideal office chair;
- Seat Height – Different sitting positions call for different seat heights. A good office chair should be easily adjustable. The easiest way to achieve this is by using a chair with a pneumatic adjustment lever. When sitting on a chair, an individual should have their legs flat on the floor with the arms even with desk height. Take a look at office chair NZoffers for the latest office chair designs.
- Back Support – While working, one will take occasional instances to relax and rest their back. An office chair should provide back support by being adequately adjustable to fit properly to a user’s back. This will ensure that back pain and neck stiffness is eliminated. At the same time, good posture will be maintained.
- Seat Width and Depth – The standard width of an office chair is usually 17-20 inches. A good chair depth should offer comfort when a user sits with their back against the backrest. When comfortably settled, the back of the knees and chair seat need to be 2 to 4 inches apart. The forward and backward tilt ought to be adjustable.
- Lumbar Support – The lumbar spine has an inward curved shape. When one sits for long periods of time without proper support for this curve, the strain leads to gradual spine injuries which may present future challenges. A lumbar adjustment is therefore a necessity in an office chair for the user to obtain a proper sitting position that supports the inward curve.
- Armrests – Just like the back rest, the arm rest also needs to be adjustable. They ought to allow a user to rest their arms comfortably for perfect relaxation. The forearm is not supposed to be on the arm rest while typing, but the lower arms and elbows should rest lightly.
- Seat Material – A breathable seat material fabric is preferable to a hard surface especially for users who sit for longer hours.
- Swivel – For ease of work, any conventional office seat should be able to rotate freely to allow a user to reach certain places without straining.