Getting a room plastered is as amazing as it sounds. Are you planning to have you ceilings resurfaced? Do you want to build a wall outside? You should call professional Sydney Plasterers. You however need to know a few things before embarking on a plastering project.
Who is a plasterer?
These are professional people who have the technical knowhow of installing plasterboards, especially when a new building is being constructed. They also do restoration of walls, ceilings and floors, construction of plaster walls that are solid and creation of feature outdoor walls. Inherently, they can also repair and provide maintenance of existing plasterboards.
What do Plasterers do?
Breaking it down literally, there are two kinds of work a plasterer does.
- Standard Plastering. This involves the installation of plasterboard sheets mechanically on the surfaces. This technique is unsurprisingly popular. This method is efficient and reliable since plastering is done by installing pre-produced sheets. Standard plasterboard is always hanged on ceilings and walls of the new or renovated homes. The whole process needs skilled manpower. First, plasterers have to be aware of the accurate room measurements and calculate the required amount of plasterboard. They should then prepare the surface well, and record their correct dimensions. The plasterer must then carefully cut the plasterboard based on the dimensions acquired. Afterwards, they are supposed to use the right equipment as well as devices to lift, position the plasterboards and fix them with screws and adhesives. Finally, they finish up the work by sealing joints and securing the overall job.
- Solid wall plastering. This is somehow an old traditional plastering technique. Plasterers manually apply plasters to the surface. This technique is nowadays used to decorate homes. The designs of solid wall plasters are more ornamental in comparison with standard plasters. It is very difficult to find plasterers that do this because it is time-consuming. The trade of solid wall plastering was mostly inherited from masters to apprentices. However, it a scarcely available technique due to modern plasterboards inventions.
What questions should you ask a plasterer?
Ensure that you communicate well with the plasterer before you commit them to do the job. This is to ensure that the standards you set are met and the results are satisfactory. Before hiring one of the Sydney plasterers for the job, ask them the following few questions:
- How many years or months have you been plastering?
- Do you have a specific supplier? If so, how long have you been using their products?
- Is the price quoted inclusive of labour, materials as well as other plastering costs?
- How long will you take to finish the job?
- Are you ensured fully to cover any damages if they occur?
How to choose the right plasterer
Sydney plasterers always quote different prices depending on the job that needs to be done. However, you should not only focus on the price offered, because in most cases, the pricey ones always do exceptional work. Ask them whether they are associated with trade associations and ask for a photo of their previous works. Moreover, find out whether they are well rated by previous customers. This will ensure that you put price and quality into account before selecting the right Sydney plasterers.